We all benefit when everyone has access to tertiary education, but the inclusion of students and scholars displaced by conflict is lagging behind other groups. Commemorating World Refugee Day, this webinar co-organized by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) will share university and student-led initiatives that support inclusion of refugees in national education systems and on campus in solidarity #withrefugees to ensure no one is left behind.
Title: Together We Learn: Inclusive and equitable quality higher education opportunities for displaced students and scholars
Date: Tuesday, 22 June 2021 (within the framework of the World Refugee Day)
Time: 4:00pm to 5:30pm [New York time]
RSVP/Registration form: https://unhcr-events.webex.com/unhcr-events/onstage/g.php?MTID=e932241e81b322e6e6186f0298486e44d
Objective: The webinar will help to disseminate information on concrete ways universities and the general public can contribute to inclusive and equitable quality education opportunities for displaced students and scholars.
- Mr. Richard Towle, Deputy Director in New York, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Mr. Omar Hernández, Public Information Officer, United Nations Academic Impact
Confirmed guest speakers:
- Prof. Dawn Freshwater, Vice-Chancellor, University of Auckland (New Zealand) / UNAI SDG Hub for Goal 4: Quality Education
- Prof. Arian Mack, Director, New University in Exile Consortium and Alfred and Monette Marrow Professor of Psychology, The New School for Social Research (United States)
- Ms. Manuela Freitas, Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative scholarship recipient and student at the University of the Americas - Puebla (Mexico)
- Mr. Ben Webster, Founder, and Chief Executive Officer, Mosaik Education