Editor's note: We have received an email from the Civil Society Unit, Department of Global Communications, they are hiring full-time interns, so we especially recommend it to Chinese people. Although it is only a short-term job, we still hope that young people who are interested in this work will actively sign up to participate and support the international afairs of the United Nations.and support to maintain world peace.
The Civil Society Unit, Department of Global Communications, is hiring full-time interns for 4-6 months in three (3) different work areas.
The Civil Society Unit advocates for UN priority issues. It raises awareness of the role of the UN among the general public and key constituencies through relations with non-governmental organizations and other civil society stakeholders. The incumbent reports to the Chief of the Civil Society Unit.
This internship can be done hybrid or remotely, depending on the circumstances.
The internship areas of focus are below:
1) Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Chief in the Civil Society Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions as a Briefings, Chat Series and Civil Society Youth Representatives Programme Intern:
- Assists in organizing the DGC Civil Society Unit Briefings, Chat Series and Youth events online
- Assists in designing event flyers, save the date and social media cards
- Assists in creating online RSVP forms
- Research focus groups (academia, NGOs and other CSOs) for outreach and advocacy purposes
- Research possible speakers on set topics
- Work closely with DGC Youth Steering Committee on virtual activities and events
- Review and compile information to support the work of the DGC Civil Society Representatives Youth Steering Committee
- Performs other duties as assigned
2) Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Chief in the Civil Society Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions as an Association Intern:
- Assist in researching NGOs who have applied to formally associate with UN DGC
- Compile received documents from NGO applicants
- Correspond with NGOs by email
- Create profile to be reviewed by the Association team
- Provide written summary of NGO work and social media accounts
- File and maintain the database of NGO applications for Association
- Assist in organizing Association meeting
- Perform other duties as assigned.
3) Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Programme Manager in the Civil Society Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions as a NGLS Intern:
- Screen and review registration applications for the High-Level Events supported by NGLS
- Analyze and run data for registration statistics
- Create infographics report for the events
- Review and compile CSO stories to be highlighted in the CSU website
- Create social media cards/video content for the events
- Monitor generic office email and respond to emails
- Assist with NGLS Annual report, event planning & taking meeting minutes
- Provide technical support during the meeting
- Other duties as required
Civil Society Unit